Friday, July 11, 2014

Healthy Breakfast Inspiration! Banana Peanut Butter Toast and Its Nutritional Value.

Nowadays, everyone is looking to get fit. Deciding to go on crazy diets that never work, this I speak from experience. I don't know about anyone else, but if I eat too little, I get extremely hungry, I become an animal, scarfing down anything that comes my way, and end up eating twice as much as I should have. After three years, I lost 15 pounds that I gained while studying in Switzerland. Currently, I hardly work out, only once a week now. I also only began to exercise 1 year ago. The reason I lost that weight was not because I ate less and was trying to be anorexic like everyone thought. I lost weight because I doubled up on protein and vegetables, and ate less than half of my usual carb intake. I also started replacing food with organic and healthy products. 


The Internet has really helped me discover healthy, delicious and filling recipes! 

As you age, your taste buds change. Disregarding food that makes your tummy ache is part of growing up. I used to love eating candy every day and I hated vegetables. Now, I eat vegetables every day and can only handle candy once every few weeks. I also used to hate bananas because of the texture. But since I found this recipe, I've loved them because when mixed with the crunchiness of the toast, it's perfect! This is the Banana Peanut Butter Toast Recipe! I first discovered this on Pinterest from the Living Tastefully Blog

http://juliaquis.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-most-delicious-healthy-avocado.html
Ingredients:
  • Banana
  • Home Made Natural Peanut Butter
  • Whole Wheat Toast

Procedure:
  1. Toast Bread
  2. Slather the Peanut Butter on the Bread
  3. Slice the Banana
  4. Place Banana slices on the Peanut Butter Toast
  5. EAT & ENJOY!

  

                       
                          SIMPLE AS THAT

This is a quick and easy breakfast that provides you with healthy unsaturated fats, protein, fiber and complex carbs. This will help you feel full and allow your body to sustain energy. 


This recipe works best as a healthy breakfast meal if you follow the ingredients precisely. Don't go out and buy just any peanut butter. Below is a comparison between regular peanut butter and the natural peanut butter, that I use. 


PLANTERS (Regular Peanut Butter) Ingredients:
Roasted Peanuts
Sugar
Palm Oil
Salt

JOJI'S DELIGHTS (Home Made Natural Peanut Butter) Ingredients:
Peanuts
Raw Sugar
Malunggay Powder

Home made peanut butter is always better than processed. You can buy the Joji's Delights home made natural peanut butter in Connie's Kitchen or check out their official website: 


My favourite peanut butter of Joji's Delight is "CREAMY with MALUNGGAY". It is so tasty, I could eat it all day. If this brand of peanut butter is not accessible, then any kind of home made natural peanut butter will do the trick. Check in healthy food stores that are nearby or order online.



HEALTH BENEFITS OF EACH PRODUCT:

MALUNGGAY


HOME MADE NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER

Malunggay is known as the "miracle tree" or "nature's medicine cabinet" consisting of many vitamins and minerals. This plant usually grows in tropical countries such as Central and South America, South East Asia, and Africa. This nutritious plant is high in vitamins A, C and E. Malunggay has many health benefits for the immune system, blood pressure, and have several disease preventing compounds.

This definitely seems like the type of plant that I would want to be mixed into my peanut butter. 






Peanut butter can help you lose weight because it fills you up and gives you energy to last longer. It also helps with the sweet tooth cravings.
It is loaded with nutrition; antioxidant vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin b6.
Research shows that eating peanuts can decrease risk of heart disease, diabetes, and help with other health risks.
It's the good kind of fat.
NO SALT
Organic ingredients.



BANANA
OK, we all know bananas are healthy to eat, but did you know what those health benefits really are?

  • Vitamin B6
  • Manganese 
  • Vitamin C
  • Potassium
  • Dietary Fiber
  • Protein
  • Magnesium
  • Folate

AND it helps with depression so if you (woman) are PMS'n then just eat a banana, and if you (man) have a girlfriend that is PMS'n then serve her some Ben & Jerry's with Banana!  I'm not saying that it is a miracle fruit but hey it may help a little!



WHOLE WHEAT TOAST
The whole truth about this wheat toast is that it is rich in fiber, more than double than white bread. 
Women who eat whole grains weigh less! Whole grains are absorbed more slowly which keeps you feeling full longer. 

Don't cut out bread from your diet, just switch it to whole wheat. You need that energy and you need to feel full, how else will you function throughout the day? 
Try to eat more of the healthy carbs earlier in the day. Earlier is always better than later. 


And that concludes the Healthy Banana Peanut Butter Toast Breakfast Recipe! Broken down to show its redeeming value in the health and fitness department. What is so intriguing is that it doesn't even taste healthy right? I think I have opened a new door to the road that is healthy, tasty and fit food. This is going to be fun. 

Julia Quisumbing


TAKE A LOOK:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Julia Quis

Live for the Moment, Not by the Past.